Himachal Pradesh's Mandi district has bagged top position in successful implementation of PMGSY
- Himachal Pradesh's Mandi district has bagged top position among 30 districts of the country in successful implementation of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY).
- Himachal Pradesh has also secured second position at the national level for construction of roads under PMGSY.
- Union Ministry of Rural Development has declared the list of top performing 30 districts in the country for implementing the PMGSY programme.
Source: DD News
Related General Knowledge
Ministry of Rural Development
- The Ministry of Rural Development, a branch of the Government of India, is entrusted with the task of accelerating the socio-economic development of rural India.
- Its focus is on health, education, drinking water, housing and roads.
- Founded: June 2011
- Annual budget: 122,398 crore
- Departments: Department of Rural Development, Department of Land Resources
- Officeholders: Narendra Singh Tomar (Minister)