DCGI approves Phase II & III clinical trials of Oxford University vaccine by Serum Institute, Pune
- The Drugs Controller General of India has given approval to Serum Institute of India, Pune to conduct Phase II & III of clinical trials of Oxford University-Astra Zeneca COVID-19 vaccine (COVISHIELD) in India.
- This will hasten the development of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Union Health Ministry said, India continues to improve the Case Fatality Rate (CFR), and maintain its global position of having one of the lowest COVID fatalities rates.
Related General Knowledge
Drugs Controller General of India
- Drugs Controller General of India is a department of the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization of the Government of India.
- It is responsible for approval of licences of specified categories of drugs such as blood and blood products, IV fluids, vaccines, and sera in India.
- Officeholder: Dr. V. G. Somani
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is an Indian government ministry charged with health policy in India.
- It is also responsible for all government programs relating to family planning in India.
- The Minister of Health and Family Welfare holds cabinet rank as a member of the Council of Ministers.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Departments: Department of Health Research, Department of AIDS Control, Suraksha Clinic
- Officeholders: Harsh Vardhan (Minister)