Justice NV Ramana sworn in as 48th Chief Justice of India
- Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana was sworn in as the 48th Chief Justice of India and will hold the post for sixteen months till August 26, 2022.
- His predecessor and former CJI S A Bobde had taken suo-moto cognizance of the issue of oxygen supply shortage, but could not take any major actions.
Source : newindianexpress
Related General Knowledge
Chief Justice of India
- The Chief Justice of India, officially the Chief Justice of the Republic of India, is the chief judge of the Supreme Court of India as well as the highest-ranking officer of the Indian federal judiciary.
- The Constitution of India grants power to the President of India to nominate, and with the advice and consent of the Parliament of India, appoint a chief justice.
- Term length: Until the age of 65
- First holder: H. J. Kania (1950–1951)
- Nominator: Three Judges Cases