Insurers get nod to invest in debt instruments of InvITs, Reits
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai) allowed insurers to invest in debt securities issued by infrastructure investment trusts (InvITs) and real estate investment trusts (Reits).
- Instruments rated or downgraded below AA should form part of ‘other investments’.
Source : Livemint
Related General Knowledge
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India is a regulatory body under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Finance, Government of India and is tasked with regulating and promoting the insurance and re-insurance industries in India.
- Founded: 1999
- Sector: Insurance
- Headquarters: Hyderabad
- Type: Statutory corporation
- Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia